Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!!!! 2009

I can't believe it is 2009!? Is that right? It used to seem such a long time ago. Wasn't it just yesterday we were all singing how we were going to party like it was 1999? And 1999 was ten years ago now. So now how are we suppose to party? Like it is 2019? 2029?

Well anyway, I can't say I am exactly sad to see 2008 end though. It wasn't really a bad year but it was pretty rough and at times I wasn't sure if I would ever get through the moments. After all, though, they are just moments in time and if we wait long enough and think positively, we will get through.

Easier said than done when you aren't sure where the money is going to come from or why your body is suddenly betraying you but still.

I have pushed past and kept my eye on the prize and now my life looks so much better or at least to me.

I sit now in my newly remodeled bedroom after showering in my new bathroom. I am getting ready to hop in my new car and take my three beautiful wonderful children to visit their grandparents and new Aunt and two new cousins. Afterwards, we will come home and hang out with Goofball this evening and no doubt we will be tackled by our 60 lb pup!

Yep, 2008 wasn't too bad but I am so looking forward to the surprises that await me everyday in this new year. And yes, I truly believe that everyday is a chance for a new surprise. Nothing special but just a beautiful sunset or a hug from my child or a special word from a friend or even finding a penny on the ground. Everyday can be that way if you look at it that way.... and this is actually how I think each morning.

But human is as human does, I do let other things get me down.... traffic, mean people, my ex or just worry in general. Worry that I can't protect my children. There are so many things that I have no power over and few I would even if I could. They have to experience some hurt in life, right? I do try to push those thoughts from my mind as much as possible though because if I worry about what could be or what might happen, then I might miss what is right now. Because that, my friends, is what life is about..... enjoying the here and now.....

I have heard that..... the past is the past, the future is the future, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Enjoy it, my friends. Blessings and best wishes for a happy new year.

4 comments:

Avonlea said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Blessings to you too in 09!

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! Wishing you and your family all the best for a happy and healthy 2009!

KimboSue said...

Happy New Year! Glad I found you to add to my list of blogs for '09!