Monday, July 27, 2009

Book Review: Parents who Cheat....


Title: Parents who Cheat: How Children and Adults are affected when their parents are unfaithful
Author: Ana Nogales, Ph.D. with Laura Golden Bellotti

I was asked to review this book by TLC Book Tours. If you aren't familiar, check them out!

My first impression was, "Well obviously negatively affected by their parents but also, who told them?" I realize there are many reasons that children are told or find out.... but still....

I don't think I have ever mentioned it before but.... I have had an affair. When it happened, I thought we were getting a divorce and he and I were not having sex.... but I did hide it and we were still married. We ended up staying married to and when I made the decision to stay with him, I had ended the affair weeks before then. Was it right? No. Do I regret it? No. But would I tell my children? No and thankfully they never had to find out.... either by my leaving to be with this other man, no babies were born, etc. So in our case, I didn't have to tell them and they will never know. We stayed together another 8 years and I wish I could say that I never thought about cheating again. I did. A LOT! I just never got what I needed out of the relationship. I also had a couple of "emotional" affairs, if you will. I emailed with old boyfriends or friends to get that verbal attention I needed. But I digress....

So anyway, I was interested to read this book for that reason.... also because like I said, Lisa at TLC Book Tours asked me to!

I thought the book was well written, well organized and she seemed to cover everything. It is like most self-books in that I feel you don't have to read it straight through or even completely to get what you need out of it. I found myself skipping to different parts of the book as I had a question about one topic or another.

I am not sure that I personally can use the information in the book but I am glad I read it. I would recommend it for anyone in this situation, either you were cheated on, you were the cheater or you are a child of infidelity.

4 comments:

lincldad said...

This book sounds very "point on topic"

TxGambit said...

Yep... pretty much.

CynthiaK said...

I know a few people who would probably really benefit from reading this book. Thanks for highlighting it.

Unknown said...

This is not just the ordinary reviews about spell casters that floods the web everyday, mine is written out of a personal experience & observation. I count it a privilege to judiciously use this life time opportunity given to me by a genius (Dr. Wakina) that possess a high level of spiritual potential to make infeasible feasible.
Idk if it is right to call him an angel because he is exceptional in incomparable for making life, finance, breakup and divorce easier to resolve with a perfect and lasting solution.
After the experience & observation I obtained within 7 years my Husband left me, I decided to settle comfortable with the benefit of appreciating Dr. Wakina for doing what 11 persons cannot do. The difference was clear from the moment I sent “can you help me get back my husband?” to his email: (dr.wakinalovetemple@gmail.com).
I am happy for not being the depressed & lost woman I used to be before I met a great healer. Words cannot express my appreciation to Dr. Wakina Love Temple.