Monday, January 28, 2008

Connected

A few weeks ago, I posted how I felt disconnected from my children. Well through the power of drugs and pure will power, I feel connected again. I feel like I am their mom again. We had a really great weekend.... it was lazy! We spent a lot of quality time together. Watching movies, cuddling, playing, talking.... just really nice.

And the moment I knew I was feeling better and not depressed, stressed, anxious or overwhelmed... was last night as I was getting to go meet Goofball. The boys were wild animals. For a few months now this has just been the killer for me. I would be wiped out and almost crying. I just could not deal.

Well last night, I handled it like a champ. In fact I got involved a little bit. When it was time for me to leave, I just told them to be good. I figure they were because I got no calls from the babysitter!

Soo hurray!!! I feel so, so much better. I know the meds aren't working this fast but just the relief of having that appointment behind me. Plus I know I had a lot of great support which I have not always had in the past, so it really helped me to push through it. (Thanks! everyone!)

8 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. You sound a lot chirpier now. I bet the kids were glad to have their Mum back on form too!

trappedintime said...

gd 4 u

Sizzle said...

that's great- so glad you're feeling connected again. :)

Margaret said...

Yeah for you! You deserve it.

markira said...

If it's not too personal, what are you taking? I think my own need tweaking. mk

belinda/shuttle mom said...

Glad you are better. Snuggling is great medicine too. When mine were younger they were like little puppies climbing all over each other and me. I miss that!

TxGambit said...

I am on 50 mg of Zoloft right now. This is the second time I have been on Zoloft. I have also been on Paxil and Prozac but didn't do as well on those.

Thanks for all the kind words! Just the sleep I am getting is helping A LOT!

Aimee Greeblemonkey said...

Awesome news!