Saturday, July 05, 2008

Exactly how I feel! (Writer's Block)

This is exactly how I feel right now with my writer's block. (BTW - Jen Lancaster ROCKS. Love her writing style) It isn't that the words aren't there, but I keep finding other things that get in the way of my just sitting my ass down and writing.

I went to Goofball's on Sunday and I got a ton of good writing done. None since. Durnit!

I think part of my problem is that I want it to be perfect the first time which logically I know isn't the case. That is why there are editors or I can be my own editor.... Sorta. I mean I would need a real one too but.... Ya know. Right?

Oh and did I not mention I was writing a book?? I have been inspired and really want to get my story down. Will anyone read it? Will anyone care? I don't know but I still want to write it out.

Anywho, writer's block.... it sucks.

3 comments:

shuttle mom said...

Just write what comes to mind. You can always weed it out or correct later. Like when you have writers block.
I'll read your book!

Karen said...

I find the best writing is that which is not thought about too much. Write what you want, when you want - that's what makes it so real.

I'd read your book. Ever thought of setting up an additional blog and posting a section each time? Or purchasing a url in the book title name?

Anonymous said...

Mommyblogging has been around since the beginning of the blog era and the act of Mommyblogging continues to take center stage in the times of parents blogging about their lives and their kids. But, what about the DaddyBlogs out there? In today's current atmosphere of single parents more and more single fathers are stepping out of the shadows cast by single mothers and beginning to raise their children as the sole parent. I think now is the time to recognize the challenges single dads face as they raise their children without the motherly influence. Check out www.rdadslife.com This blog is a wonderfully crafted, funny, well written site based on the life of a single, East Bay dad who is doing his best to raise his three young boys. The site is filled with hilarious stories, movie reviews, easy recipes, a great Forum, short fictional stories and some amazing pictures. Let's start to give the single fathers out there the support and admiration they deserve. www.rdadslife.com