Thursday, May 25, 2006

Job Searching Blues

I hate looking for a job. I think I'm great on paper. I think I'm a great employee but I don't feel like I interview well. I seem to say dumb things or get tongue tied. I have learned to stop talking and not just ramble because silence is okay.

I have been sending my resume out. Calling staffing companies. Going on a few interviews but nothing.

I went on an interview yesterday. I had on my nice suit. My hair looked great, make-up great! So I drive out there have plenty of time. Get to the parking lot, its full. Drive around until I get to another lot. Problem is I will now have to walk outside in the heat to this building and as far as I could tell there was no underground tunnel or anything. So by the time I got to the building/office, it is time for my interview and no time to find a restroom to freshen up..... The interviewer understood and we both kind of laughed about it. The interview seemed to go okay though a few times I found I had to shut myself up a few times because I was just being stupid! Then the girl seemed nervous or bored or both and then seemed rushed to say good-bye. Though she did seem impressed by my skills and resume. I really don't think I will get offered the job.

I need a job, not just to pay the bills but I love to work and I'm bored out of my mind doing nothing. I might soon have to take a job where I have to say, "Would you like fries with that?"

No comments: