Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some of my worst fears

We all have things that we are afraid of. I think most of our worst fears are things we can't control them. I think that is why they are our worst fears.

Most of mine are pretty typical. Anything involving my kids being hurt, lost or just any thing I can't protect them from. Not being able to take care of them, feed them, etc.... Having them taken away is another.

Being trapped in an elevator. This just happened to a co-worker on Monday. Yikes! I need to start taking the stairs.

Being bit by a spider! Yes seriously.

Being attacked by a dog. Having one of my children attacked by a dog. Having my dog or one of my cats attacked by a dog. I am a huge dog person. Love them but some people shouldn't have dogs.

And my worst fear, the one that I was afraid would come true last night..... Dying. Well okay that is a bit dramatic but let me explain. I woke up choking on my own vomit. Gross huh!? So I spent most of the night puking my guts out. But what scared me the most was I kept getting really choked. It was like some was going into my lungs, why? I don't know. I almost called my parents to come over. If something did happen to me, I don't want the kids to be the ones to find me/handle calling for help. Ya know?

Today I stayed home from work. I had only planned to sleep a bit and then go into work but I slept until almost 1:00.... woke up still feeling queasy. Shaky. Crappy. and well a bit scared too.

This morning after I called work, I called my mom. I always call her when I am sick because like I said, I don't want the kids to have to deal with me if something happens. I know dramatic! But I am a planner too.

Soooo anyway, still feeling a bit queasy and icky but hoping that I just don't puke again. That is like hell for me!

What are your worst fears? Especially the silly ones.

2 comments:

Sizzle said...

Scary stuff! I hope you feel better.

I am very afraid of falling down stairs and breaking something. I have vertigo and I am klutzy. Great combo!

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I am terrified of bats.

Not like baseball bats. But bats that fly around and will bite me and give me rabies.

Also terrified of open water.

Yes, I was in the Navy and I am terrified of it.