Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Despite my happy....

My house is giving me twitches. It is TRASHED! It is one thing about the summer and not having the kids that I am looking forward to.... Having a CLEAN house! Does that make me a bad mom? Nope but they might think so. Other parents might understand and we could compare stories.

My daughter just came in here and I pointed to "hot spots"..... She shrugged and walked out. Probably sorry she came in.

My room used to be JUST MY ROOM! Now it seems like the kids are starting to take over, oh plus I now share the room with a dog. The most spoiled dog in the world! He has way too many toys. It is like Toys R Us for dogs around here. But it keeps him busy and we have had few (knock on wood) accidents.

My new couch is completely covered in crap.... End of the school year crap. Ya know, all that stuff from the lockers and desks that has just been there are year waiting for this moment. Half of erasers, teeny tiny pencils, wrappers from cereal bars that really could go in the trash but somehow just didn't make it, graded papers, ungraded papers that never made it to the teacher's desk, etc, etc, etc..... One cushion is off of the couch as well. Okay? Then how many people actually live in this house? 4! So why are there like 50 cups, plates and bowls all over. It looks like the morning after a Frat party.

So anyway, I sit here blogging instead of cleaning and not only am I sitting here blogging instead of cleaning, I am whining and complaining about my messy house instead of doing something about it.

Well ya know what I always say:

"If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crack that whip on dem kids. They need to help. At least with their own messes.
Your bedroom is yours. Yes, occassional kid rukus is understandable, but taking it over is another.
2 of them are way old enough.

Anonymous said...

I'll help you if you'll help me. Deal?
Mine are pack rats like their father.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

You and me both chica.

We need a cleaning party.