Wednesday, March 04, 2009

To Shuttle Mom!!! and about my Bday

This is several days late but I did think of you on our Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! I hope you got spoiled and that you have a great year! (Thanks for the Bday wishes in the comments)

I had a great weekend and a great Bday. I took the kids to Target and they got me some gifts. They were soo cute about it. I parked myself in Starbuck's with a drink and a book (Jen Lancaster! Love her! If you haven't read her, get thyself to a book store pronto! I have my ex's wife reading them right now and she said her new hobby is to cyper-stalk Jen.... I said welcome to the club.... Wait, off point!) Anyway, K got me some new PJs, love them. H got me a picture frame and got my mom to take a picture of the three of them to put in it! Cute! and then my little L got me some shoes. And for a 6 yr old, he actually has good taste.

Then my parents made me a great Italian Dinner, got me a cake and gave me some things from Bath and Body works. Awesome.

I then took my bday off.... since it was Monday! and Goofball and I spent the day together. It was nice. Oh sooo nice!

Sooo I just have to say, it was a great way to start my 36th year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you (and to Belinda too)! It sounds like you had a great day. I'm going to take a peek at Jen Lancaster's blog now, thanks for the tip! (That's all I need...even MORE books that I want to read!) :-) All the best on your b-day, and here's wishing you a fabulous year!

Karen said...

Glad you had a nice day with the children. My last birthday was a wash-out and I don't think the one coming up will be much better. They seem to be less important as you get older, so it's nice to be made a fuss of. Good for you taking the day off too!

Anonymous said...

You deserved a great birthday! The kids had a cook out for me on Saturday. I actually had all my kids in one place at the same time. On Monday I got my new puppy, a tiny male poodle (T.Bo). My Schnauzer is getting very old and with all the kids practically grown I needed something to nurture. And the best part of the day was when someone asked how old I was and my grandson replied, "She's gettin' old. She's 25!"
shuttle mom/belinda