Tuesday, September 09, 2008

More guys and relationship tips.

Amira at memoirs of a single mom made this list of lessons learning about guys.

I could not agree more with this list. I am not completely on board with 2, maybe I just haven't been screwed over and no that isn't an invitation to but still. and yeah I do agree with it a bit, not completely. And, that is not a slam to others who have. I just have gotten lucky!

Then numbers 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 13! Yes, yes, yes. Ladies, don't nag them, criticize them and don't expect mind reading. Sometimes they get lucky and do what we were thinking, but it isn't mind reading at all. Words are nice but actions are what counts.

At any rate, go over and visit her. Great list!

** Rewritten since this morning. I was half asleep and didn't have my "eyes" on yet. (read: no glasses or contacts)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are all into helping others out aren't ya. :)

AudreyO said...

Hi, I'm Audrey. I found your blog through the Blog Trip Carnival. Wondering why you are not on board with "is he worth being friends with"?

TxGambit said...

Lisa, yes! totally!

Audrey, I think because I wrote this first thing this morning, before caffiene, before I had my contacts in. LOL! :) Now that I reread it.... Hmm, totally agree with that one.

lincldad said...

I find it interesting about "no mindreading", yet "actions speak louder than words" and "he...does what we want". Those sound like re-enforceable actions creating the Pavlov effect (CC) thereby causing women to salivate each time he does a good thing and in the end causing EXPECTATIONS.

TxGambit said...

Trapped, Very curious if you are just arguing to be a butt or seriously don't get it.... you are a man, I am going to assume both. :)

Actions speak louder than words has nothing to do with mind reading or expectations. It is saying that if you say you respect someone and then you actually show it, or maybe just showing it without saying it.

After being in a very disrespected relationship (actually several), to have respect and actually being made to feel respected, to me says a lot.

Words are great to hear but it is the action behind those words that count.

Mind reading is when a person expects a certain action because of hints being dropped or actual mind reading, but it isn't realistic at all! Life is too short to drop hints and have high expectations. Just be to the point (okay I know I sometimes have a hard time with saying what is on my mind, don't look at me like that! but I don't hold it against you if I don't tell you!)

I have no idea where I said he does what we want but I don't think that at all. Maybe I need to read the list again.

I guess I could have emailed you but I wanted others to see my thoughts.