Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October Mean - Breast Cancer Awareness!!!

Hello all! It is that time of year again. Time to think about boobs and health, well honestly, you have to think about it everyday, or at least once a month.

This isn't just a problem that effects women, men can be diagnosed. So learn the facts! What are your risks?

With early detection, you have a good chance of becoming a survivor!! There are a lot of treatments.

As you may have noticed, my blog is pink. This is in honor of a very dear friend of mine who was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has been through a lot.... chemo, surgery, radiation. She has been doing great and has had some down moments (mostly in the beginning) but her spirit is one to admire and look up to.

I am dedicating this month to Breast Cancer Awareness and I have issued a challenge to all the bloggers to do something during this month. Post about Breast Cancer.... a story or an article. Something.

All cancer sucks (and tons of other diseases). I have lost a few close to me to other forms and someday I will dedicate time to those but for now I am doing this. I have always been very passionate about this.... I mean I have boobs and I like them. I like that a certain guy likes them.

Soooo bloggers, I hope you take me up on my challenge. Spread the word! :)

3 comments:

Original Designer Woman said...

You are so right! This month is very important and many women should be aware of the organizational activities going on with breast cancer awareness/fight for the cure. I volunteered at Susan G. Komen for a cure in NYC and it was POWERFUL!

Women Rock!

Zanade

Anonymous said...

I was suprised by all the items in stores you can buy to support breast cancer. It's no longer just the little pink ribbons.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. I hope your friend is doing well these days. I know how hard it is to see someone close to you fight so hard.