Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The first major decision

To go or to stay? Should I go out of my way to take the kids to see their dad..... or do I just go with our usual weekend and suck it up as him making a bad decision by moving more than 100 miles away?

Each day I leave the house by 6:45 am (this is at the latest). I get home normally around 6:00-6:15 pm. That's a long day. Then dinner, hang with kids, schoolwork most nights for at least an hour or two, cleaning up..... and then in bed between 9:30 - 10:00 (that's on a good night!).

The weekends are spent doing errands, grocery shopping, and the heavier cleaning/laundry that I just can't get to during the week. It is also when I will write or work on my major project for school. Then, hello, I do try to get some down time over the weekend too. Sleep in a tiny bit but can't seem to sleep past 7:00 which is fine.

So should I give up my routine, my weekend, my only time to get the cleaning done, my really good study time so I can let him see the kids and of course them see him? Now I will give him a break on the Navigator falling apart. that is out of his hands. However, why should I go out of my way when he hasn't for a month? He has had weekend after weekend to get down here to see them. Yet when he finally has plans to come, he can't? He could rent a car, borrow a car... something! I rented a car for 2 weeks. He can for a weekend, right?

I really want to be the bigger person but I also believe in consequences of actions. His action was to move and he knew the distance would make it hard to see the kids, yet he did it anyway.

What have I decided to do?

We shall stay home and stick to our routine. I hate to do this to the kiddos but I'm sure when they have clean clothes next week, groceries in the frig and when mom finishes her degree, they will be happy and understand.

No comments: