Sunday, June 03, 2007

Day one - No kids - Summer 2

So last summer, the kids were gone for only 3 weeks. They left on June 25 (K's bday) and went to the ex-In laws for the whole time. This summer we have a court order that says at least 42 days (last summer we agreed on 3 wks). They will actually be gone more like 2 mths.

Anyway. So I did fine. No crying but I didn't laugh either. I was just .... well.... normal! Okay sort of, I had a lump in the back of my throat like I might cry and that giddy feeling in my stomach that you get when you are excited.

Came home and cleaned house.

And, as I sit here typing this, I am suppose to be packing to go to New Orleans for work. But I am waiting on some laundry so I can finish... err, start.

Goofball came over for a short time tonight. It was great to see him, even if we only got a short time together. It was great because he kinda surprised me but a little embarrassing because I was just out of the shower and about to take out my garbage! Now that's attractive, right? lol!

Well I'm off for a few days but will update on my trip! I'm so excited. This is my first team meeting for work and while it may be a boring meeting, it sounds like parts of it will be fun!!! We are doing some kind of team building exercise in the French Quarter. We are guessing some kind of Scavenger hunt or something similar!

Back on Thursday!

4 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Frendch Quarter...yum. Eat some beignets for me!

Esmerelda said...

I've always wanted to go to NOLA. Heck, I've always wanted to go somewhere for team building.

I cried all the way to NJ, just like I cry every other friday night. Just me, alone, getting rid of all my frustration and sadness.

Nothing, however, beats the feeling of having D stuck to me like glue when they get back.

g-man said...

Cafe Du Monde!!
When I went a few years ago I came back with some chicken feet from Rev. Zombie's House of Voodoo to give out as presents. Who knew? (it is(was?) on Peter St. if you were interested)

Have fun!!!!!

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Awww. I get that same lump when I'm away on business...

Have a grand time in New Orleans.