Sunday, June 24, 2007

Thanks Jenny!!!!

Jenny of Mama Drama fame had a great little get together at her house last night. Just the Mama Drama gals and one special guest.... ME! It was fun.

I wanted to take something nice so I did a search for cookie bars and came up with two that sounded good.

The first:
S'mores Bars

Ingredients:
8 whole graham crackers
1 (19.8 ounce) package of fudge brownie mix
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup chopped peanuts (I didn't use. S'mores don't have peanuts... right?)

Arrange graham crackers in a single layer of a greased 13 X 9 inch pan. Prepare the brownie mix per the directions and then spread over the crackers. Bake at 350 for about 25 mins (or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Then spread the marshmallows, chips and peanuts over the top. Cook for another 5 mins or until marshmallows are puffed and gooey. Let cool and serve!

Very yummy and gooey!


The other were some Seven Layer Bars. I actually made two batches of this but one didn't come out at all. My mistake was the graham crackers crumbs were too small. I would say break these by hand and most should be not smaller than a dime but no bigger than a quarter. The recipe also calls for 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. I would probably use 2 cups - 2 1/2 cups.

Anyway, ingrediants:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (The ones I took to Jenny's were almonds, not walnuts)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/3 cup shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 350. Place butter in a 13 X 9 inch pan, place in oven to melt butter. Once it is melted take out and swirl around to coat the sides of pan. Spread the crumbs in the pan, make sure it is even. Then layer the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and nuts. Pour the condensed milk and then layer with coconut.

Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes.


I am not a cook or a baker. I used to be but I just don't enjoy it as much. This, I will say, I did enjoy! It was fun to make and fun to share and I'm glad everyone seemed to like them enough to ask me to post the recipes!

Once my kiddos get back, I will be inviting all the Mamas to my house.

Thanks Jenny for including me and inviting me. Victor is a nut and Hailey is just too cute! Mindy it was great to see you again and your kiddos! They are great. Stephanie, Matt and Bethany it was great to finally meet you! We totally have to get together again. Heather, Mike and Ethan it was great to meet you too!! All the little ones were just too cute and I think Mindy's kids enjoyed themselves too. Great kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those 7 layer things were so good I think I ate 14 layers this morning alone.

So, so good. We have to do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

The S'mores were good. Wouldn't pass them up at all.

The Seven Layer things, those things are down right dirty, oh so dirty, and good and just....

I need a napkin.

Later