Saturday, January 27, 2007

Our First Junior High Party

And, I can see the future and it means I am never, ever, never EVER leaving these kids home if I go out of town!

We will be known as the party house.

Anyway, last night K and her BFF V threw a party in honor of their other friend T's bday. I think it was more of an excuse to have a party but whatever.

There were about 15-19 kids here. Wow! It was a bit crazy. You could see all the still kid traits/learning to be an adult in them. They were all flirty with each other but at the same time doing silly things like playing with lightsabers or playing kick ball. The girls would chase the boys. The boys would try to act cool. The girls would huddle around in whispering circles or would be dancing to the VERY loud music (yep, I must be getting old).

It was fun. K has been getting calls all day from other kids that didn't make it. "How was it?".... "The best party ever!"..... and taking other calls from kids that did come..... "That was so much fun!" "yeah!"

I see the future and it is scary...... and fun!

3 comments:

Esmerelda said...

So cool!

That is the best way to keep track of them! :-D

Anonymous said...

You're a terrific mom! I miss those crazy Jr High days...but not too much. You are very brave to do the party thing...maybe you should get some therapy.

TxGambit said...

Min,

I need a LOT of therapy!