Monday, March 12, 2007

Day Three without the kids

Its a work day so that will keep me really busy. Actually should be a busy week! We have our Houston College Recruiting event to get ready for. I'm actually really excited though I might whine a little this week about being so busy..... but overall I love this stuff!

The race at Vegas yesterday did not go well for Dale Jr. Now I don't remember what place he finished in but it couldn't have been good. He was doing great all day, was in the top 10 most of the race. Around lap 14 there was a caution which means a lot of people will make pit stops..... but the track officials will usually keep the pit lane closed until all the cars cirlce back around. He didn't realize it was closed and went in..... There was another driver in front of him and he pitted too but that was because he had trouble with his car, that is the only reason they could pit when it is closed. There was yet another driver behind Dale but he realized at the last second that pit lane was closed and was able to get back on the track. Sooooo anyway, Dale had to move from 5th to last place. Yikes! With only a few laps to go, I'm sure he didn't gain too many places. And, to top it all off Jimmie Johnson won. Great driver but I'm not a fan.

Then I got to see Goofball last night and wow, just had a good time. No an awesome time. We played Burnout on Playstation 2..... I love that game! He also agreed to watch the video scrapbook that my parents' made for me when I turned 30 (4 yrs ago)...... I thought that was pretty darn cool of him to watch it. And, in between that was just hung out and talked. I don't know yet when I will get to see him again but I'm sure that we will find some time in the next couple of months.

Overall I have a smile on my face and I'm tired as hell but ready to get down to work!

Thanks, Goofball for a good evening. Can't wait until next time.

No comments: