Friday, February 02, 2007

Lifelong Learner

I am a lifelong learner. If you don’t know what that means then maybe you should go back to school! Okay just kidding! But, I actually took a class called “Skills for Lifelong Learning” but not just one class, oh no. There were two classes part 1 and 2.

What classifies a Lifelong Learner? From my classes (I got an A in each, thank you), it is just about being open to learning, willingness to learn new things and to just always seek opportunities to learn.

This is me to a T. I am very open to opportunities to learn, never pass a chance to learn something new. I think I’m curious but I wouldn’t say nosy because to me that is a snoop. I don’t like snooping because you usually have a reason to be doing it and then you usually find something you DON’T want to know. Curiosity is, in my opinion, healthy. If I don’t know something, I research it. I research a lot of things because I don’t know a lot of things.

There are just things I haven’t experienced, things I may never experience but I still want to know about them. I am a very caring, sympathetic person and open-minded. I feel like all of these help me to “put myself in your shoes” so to speak. If you have read my past blogs though, you know I don’t really care for that turn but basically just trying to see things from another’s point of view.

Some things I would like to learn are photography. Okay I know HOW to take a picture but I would really like to know more about it, more about cameras, more about angles and different lens and how to manipulate pictures and using different lighting. I want to know more about how to do home repairs and remodeling and landscaping and just all kinds of things that they do on HGtv and DIY and all those home improvements shows/channels. I want to know more History. I love history… .Especially (can you guess?)…. Texas History. I want to know more Science, more Zoology, and more Biology. I want to know about illnesses, why do people not want to donate their organs? My Aunt is only here to day because of her “previously owner” liver! But, that is another blog story all together. There are so many jobs I would love to do because I want to know HOW to do them! Real Estate is one job I would love to get into but I just don’t have the time to do it now. I would love to go to culinary school but at this point it seems a waste because why spend all that money when I really don’t want to be a chef. Just want to know more about how to cook.

I could really go on and on. I really want to know everything there is to learn, except maybe Math. I really could do without anything Math related or at least the really tough stuff which would be anything I can’t do with a very simple calculator!

So I want to challenge all the readers of this blog to learn something new today. Anything. Just Google something. Read a new word in the dictionary. Open a book that you haven’t opened before.

Just be a Lifelong Learner!

No comments: